Sunday, January 02, 2005

Google-able?

Well, my attempt at 'googling' myself hasn't worked so I give up. I have resigned myself to being an obscure grain of sand in this vast Internet universe of beaches. A microscopic . (dot) in this cyber-galaxy. Barely a peep in the thundering roar of the new age. (By now, I'm just having fun with the drama and the effects.) You get the point.

At least I'm out there somewhere... even if I'm still, for some freakin' reason, not on the 8th page (I gave up after 8) of the Google search hits.

Obviously, I have too much time on my hands to be fixated on this -- a frivolity to be sure with all the recent tragedy still unfolding. What is it with being googled and finding the right me that is so important? I'm 26, more successful than I have a right to be and fully enriched in my personal relationships. So what if I'm not 'google-able' or 'google-ated'? (I'm sure someone is about to kill me for all the new google words I'm inventing.)

Vanity or not, there is something to be said of the permanence of seeing your name online. And at a time when life itself seems so temporary, even arbitrary, I'm finding a strong craving to mark my name somewhere... a permanent marker to say - 'Moan was here.'

So here I am.

3 Comments:

At 11:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wooooow!! Man, I need a dictionary to read through your post! Sobrang galing! *kowtows*

 
At 12:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyheyhey! don' worry achi...im sure ur in googleland somewhere...maybe in the hundredth page or so....
wish i could write like you. maybe id be in the two hundredth page?
love you!
wongy

 
At 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 THUMBS UP!!! WAY UP!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home