Monday, January 09, 2006

Meanie Me

Wong just had her 1st ever adult drinking party. For some reason, I was getting so sentimental on my way to pick her up last night. It felt like a milestone in her life - her baptism into adulthood. Sniff sniff... With this vodka tonic, you are hereby inducted into the world of money concerns, broken hearts and responsibility.

Time flies, and the universe conspires to make it seem all the more apparent. Wong starts drinking as soon as Yotch leaves. Wah. All of my sisters are growing up so fast - too fast for me to adjust to. Then again, I don't think there's ever a right time for them to grow up. It just happens on you.

Man, I'm going to be a wreck when they get married. Sigh. I can't imagine what it will be like when I have my own kids. Argh.

I do get a little reprieve from too much sisterly independence. I don't think Wong will be drinking again any time soon. She got hives, or an allergic reaction of some sort, to her 2 shots of vodka tonic. She says 2 hours of super fun partying is so not worth a full week's worth of itching (insert evil laugh here).

If only Yotch felt the same way about the States... :) Mean, mean, meanie me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home