Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Homeless No More!

Yey!! I finally found me an apartment!! I was all set to room with this Indian named Kavita, since I figured I would be moving out after 6 months anyway, and the pain would be short-lived. But with 3 weeks left to go before I had to move out, my supposed housemate just informs me 3 days ago (!) that she was moving out to another place, leaving me high and dry.

She even had the nerve to tell me she wanted me to take over her 2-year lease (since she was leaving after only a month). I was trying to be nice and all that, but inside I was thinking I'd rather sleep in a hotel for 6 months and pay an obscene amount of money in the process, than help her out. Gr...

So there I was, in panic mode, hyperventilating into a brown bag and in the throes of a nervous breakdown. I practically begged my officemates to let me room with them but even if they agreed, I knew it was an imposition and my pride was suffering like hell. So these were my options:

1) Find my own apartment.
Pros: I can walk around naked if I want.

Cons: Time and desperation may force me into a high-rent place that's quite fug.

2) Room with someone.
Pros: Saving on rent and no lease to break if I move in a few months.
Cons: I need to get a thicker face.

3) Find 6 friends to molest and move to a new place every month.
Pros: No rent.
Cons: No more 6 friends after.

So I went house/room-hunting today and I found a nice new unit with floor-to-ceiling windows. It's a small space, definitely smaller than what I have now so I'll have to convert the living room/dining area into my own personal bedroom!! :) The bedroom becomes my study and walk-in closet. I won't have a dining area but so what. I'm kind of excited now since I'll have a huuuuge bedroom.

The only drawback is it's about 10 minutes walk to the office and up a small hill. Ugh. I have to exercise. I'm going to miss my current apartment - imagine, 5 minutes from my door to my desk. Sob sob. I might have to buy a bike.

2 Comments:

At 1:35 AM , Blogger Anndee said...

sympre lumipat ka na ng apartment... three times!!! and i still haven't been able to visit you!! SORRY! waaah! sched's super hectic... pero i promise myself... by October.. i'll be there! :) hehehe

 
At 2:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

YAAAAY!!! see see? i told you you'd find a new apartment in no time! COngratulations!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home