Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Moscow Day 4: The Ballet

Hahaha... No one can say Russia isn't a cultural experience. After going to a strip club the night before, what else is there to do that's extremely the polar opposite? A ballet of course! So off we all trooped to the famed Bolshoi Theater to watch Adolphe Adam's Gisele. I am very sure that the guys preferred the "activity" from the night before since not a single one was left awake by Act II.

I don't know anything about the ballet but at least I don't pretend to. I'm sorry but I'm not that cultured and I don't mind admitting it. Unlike some people in the group who pretended to know the story, got it all wrong and was busted when Ezer bought a souvenier program and read the synopsis. Haay. Some people talaga.

Anyway, that's as close as we ever got to a group shot (and no, in case you wonder, my crush isn't in the picture).

To be honest, I didn't appreciate the ballet much. Maybe it's an acquired taste but I would pick a movie over it any day of the week and twice on Sundays. We didn't even get to finish the end since the lead character, Count Albert, did a pirouette and must have injured himself. He lay on the floor groaning for a whole minute with a complete cast of ladies surrounding him. The music played on, the girls just stood there and we all tensed in anticipation (our ignorance thinking this was still part of the story). Finally, after what seemed like forever, the curtains came down and we never got to see him dance again. He didn't even come out for curtain call. I must admit, this was the most exciting part of the entire show.

Some pics of the end.


1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM , Blogger Anndee said...

AAaargh!! I am sooo jealous of your "world tour" experiences!! hahaha. Teka teka... Isn't this trip supposed to be for work? :) When did you find time for that? :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home