Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sonnet 27: My Comfort

I don't love you as if you were the salt-rose, topaz
or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:
I love you as certain dark things are loved,
secretly, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where,
I love you simply, without problems or pride:
I love you in this way because I don't know any other way of loving
but this, in which there is no I or you,

so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand,
so intimate that when I fall asleep it is your eyes that close.

2 Comments:

At 1:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

heeey!! you changed your template! I likes! it's so you! but maybe it needs a little pink heehee!

i love that sonnet too. i first heard it sa patch adams movie. *sniffle* so sweet

miss u!

 
At 9:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very beautiful sonnet .... I heard it before from my lover, it's making me all mush....sigh. Shmilamy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home