Sunday, July 16, 2006

I Should Always Bring My Camera

Because you never know when you're going to see something interesting, especially if you consider that no matter how long I live here, I'm really a foreigner in Singapore. It's pretty cool to be on perpetual travel mode even on regular weekends, if I can ever get my lazy ass off the bed, couch or LazyBoy.

I did today, to make it to the Red Dot Design Museum where they hold a flea market of original "art" works every Sunday. I got duped into buying a one-of-a-kind retro belt (they only make 1 of each item) but I was tempted with so much more - Ipod skins, Converse original artwork sneakers, unique jewelry pieces... I snapped pics of a couple of the more interesting ones - any buyers? :-)

This is a picture of a lamp with an empty Vodka bottle for the base. They have a fat one too, made out of an empty sake bottle. Don't laugh - they retail for $200.


How about this - empty Dynamo liquid detergent bottles made into lamps and sold for $100!!!


And these are my favorite... and I swear they're real products being sold. I wonder if there's any market for these kinds of things. A button wearer???!

And what about this next one - an eye dropper of course! It "dispenses eye medication accurately into your eye". The salesman told me it helps save you those stray precious drops that you might accidentally put on your nose because of your ridiculously poor aiming abilities. Another side benefit? You won't poke your eye out. This could be the next best thing since sliced bread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home