Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Spoiled for Life

I'm writing this from the Business Class section of Singapore Airlines, and it has inspired me to dedicate an entire post to extol the virtues of this exclusive cabin. This is my first time to fly on the upper deck of the 747 and now I know why this is so highly coveted. The noise level is significantly reduced since the 2nd floor only houses about 12 rows of business class passengers. There’s also more personal space as I have a ledge beside me to place newspapers and whatever else I choose to dump on the side.

Goodbye turf wars! There’s more than enough room for everyone that there’s no need to establish territory by planting your elbow firmly on the armrest and stubbornly keeping it there the entire flight, no matter the cramp. Don’t you just hate it when a return trip from the toilet finds foreign elbows encroaching on land that once belonged to you? Goodbye to that too!

Hello gourmet food on demand! This, I must admit, is definitely one of the perks I enjoy the most. This flight for example, features pan-roasted corn-fed chicken breast in morel sauce with wild mushroom ballotine and garden vegetables, one of FOUR main course choices. This dish was exclusively created for SIA by Chef Alfred Porthale of “Gotham Bar and Grill”, one of the top restos in NY (their prix fixe lunch menu is super good and a fantastic deal on top). This of course, is part of a 3-course meal that includes Atlantic smoked salmon salad to start with, and Haagen Dazs ice cream, gourmet cheese, a choice of fresh fruit AND chocolates for dessert.

Snacks can be had at any time and I’m not talking cup noodles here, no sirreeeee. We’re talking dimsum, ciabatta rolls, congee, fish ball broth, etc etc. Did I say you could have this at any time?

And there’s wine on tap. Not cheapie wine either. I’m already on my 2nd glass of Chateau Beau-Site 2000 Saint-Estephe. I rarely drink on planes but this wine is terrific. Plus, the SIA air hostesses refill my glass so stealthily, it’s hard to keep track of how much I’ve had.

Of course there’s the standard space bed and 80 channels on demand but that, I’ve already gotten used to. :)

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this entry is making me uber hungry... :9

 
At 10:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is nothing compared to a 39-seater Asian Spirit to Caticlan. You got free massage compliments of the vibrating plane. Not to mention the sounds from your own MP3 player and last but not the least, the great feeling of relief upon landing! Where else can you have those kinds of perks?

Hehehe, the truth is ingit ako! hehehe Kelan kaya ako makakasakay ng business class?

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger moan said...

hahaha... shet, super natawa ako dyan sa comment mo ha!! allen babao talaga!! :) kamusta na?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home