Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Introducing... Mona Kahlo

I just got my passport back from the Italian embassy and it's nice to see they kept their word and gave me a 6-month multiple-entry Schengen visa. Not that it's going to be of much use to me... I'd planned to travel somewhere in the Eastern European bloc end of this month but unforeseen circumstances, extravagant shoe-spending included, have forced me to stay grounded.

Besides, if I do move to Europe in a few months, I should maximize travel here in Asia instead. South Africa is an aberration and only because it's neither here nor there. But I really should travel to New Zealand, Australia's Great Barrier Reef, Krabi, Chiang Mai, Agra, Jaipur, Rajasthan and maybe Kerala before I move.

In related news, they put your picture now on the visa. And there's a black line that appears exactly at the junction of my eyebrows. I look like Frida Kahlo on steroids. Shudder shudder.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chiang Mai is a must-visit! Great shopping, but even greater food :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home