Saturday, August 19, 2006

She Sells Shoeses by the Seashore

I just spent an obscene amount of money kick-starting my life-long addiction to shoes. This is my reward for putting my new life plan into action already. I'm hoping that incentives up-front will make it easier for me to stick to the program -- or so I rationalize.

Look for yourself:
I've signed up to TRY out belly dancing for tomorrow. I was lucky enough to find a 2 hour session almost for free as part of the Singapore Arts Festival promotions. 2 weeks from now, it's flamenco and swing. I'll decide after that which one to pick up, but I'm leaning towards exotic dancing if only for the shock factor. :)

I know, I know... Everyone's told me I don't have the belly to belly dance. But what the hell, it's all in the hips anyway and cut me some slack, I do have some of those.

I've also roped Yotch and Wong (though Wong doesn't know it yet) to building some new houses for GK in Manila for Yotch's birthday. I thought it was a cool way to spend your birthday so I decided for Yotch. Haha.

I still haven't found my learning courses yet, but I am watching an improv comedy show next week, a Broadway musical with the original NY cast next month and the Robbie Williams concert in November. That should count for some culture in the meantime.

And due to very insistent public demand (read: Wong's comment in previous post), I am eschewing my domestic urges for now.

Not bad for a few days right? Plus I'm well on my way to a new wardrobe with all the shoe shopping I did today. The fun part is planning the rewards - I have a tentative calendar already and I'll probably need some help deciding where to go.

August - Original plan was to go to LA to visit Ahia but I had to cancel this since I spent the money on shoes and I have to move apartments.

September - Maybe a China cruise with the folks if I can shorten the number of days. Plus, I'm going home to Manila FINALLY!! Though I have to swing by Delhi too. Boo.

October - Yey! My birthday double whammy -- D and Fara are coming over. Or how should I say... they better come over for the 1st time in 4 years and 3 apartments! I'm also taking a 2 week leave because of the Singapore holiday season. I was supposed to go to the Eastern European bloc but if plans push through, I'll be writing this blog from Johannesburg!

November - Yotch and Wong are coming over. This is probably our spa month. Ooooh. Maybe a side trip to Chiang Mai.

December - I haven't decided whether to do Manila because it's Yotch's last Christmas there. Or New Zealand... Argh. Decisions, decisions.

January - Hopefully, if everything goes well, the company will be sending me off to Geneva for my look-see trip. And if I do get sent, that'll mean even more travel every month! Woohoo!

In the meantime, I guess I'll have to content myself with more shoes. :)

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM , Blogger Stone_set said...

what? im building a house??? why? -wong

 
At 6:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wong!! of course you have to be part of my new life plan. plus you'l get exercise... imagine all the fat we'll burn under that heat! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home