Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Senti about school

I miss college. There was just something so carefree about being in the Ateneo. I don't even remember working or studying hard, everything just came fun and easy. I came away with so much in those 4 years... not least of which are a degree, funny bittersweet memories and lifelong friends.

Once in a while, I start to reminisce about "the good old days", lately more than most. How much simpler life was back then! I think the hardest decisions to make were what teachers to take, when to cut class and how to get home after a 9pm Accounting exam.

My cup runneth over with memories...
...of D throwing herself at our 100-year old Botany professor to escape a failing grade (it worked!).
... of 'Abu Dhabi', 'candy-candy cane', 'Silver Lightning' and 'heil Hitler Yam' (sorry Yam!).
... of tong-its and kam-kee in the tambayan, pajamas at D's and sleeping arrangements at Yam's.
... of the liberating feeling of 'free' cuts spent at Sta. Lucia East watching movies or eating (but never somewhere yellow like Wendy's).
... of discovering Starbucks and sleepless nights over Marketing projects.
... of growing up earlier than I wanted to, with heart-breaking break-ups, disappointing project losses and discovering friends who really weren't.
... of first loves, forever crushes, second loves, first loves a 2nd time and great friends.


College wouldn't have been as fun. I miss you guys.

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM , Blogger Anndee said...

awwwww..... i miss those times too!!! super!!! those were the best years of my life! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home