Sunday, February 27, 2005

Lefty Jones

I was having dinner with some folks from work the other night, when I realized how pitiful my right brain is. (Dean for sure will say it's about time I noticed, but seriously, I had deluded myself to thinking I was quite well-rounded.)

Even after studying for 13 years, my piano-playing skills are dismal - and that's an understatement. I've forgotten how to read notes (ugh), what a sharp does or what the equivalent of the sharp is called in the F clef. Worse, about the only thing I can play is the scale. I've still got good form though, if that counts for anything.

I have no artistic or musical inclination - I can't draw, paint, write or act to save my life. I did win an acting award once in 7th grade, for best actress in a MALE role, so I don't know if that counts for much. Dean cooks better than me, and he always says I'm only good for finance.

So now I'm afraid my right brain has shrunk to microscopic proportions, and suddenly, the left side of my head feels a little heavy.

1 Comments:

At 1:03 AM , Blogger Anndee said...

that's not true! you can dance diba? :) hehehe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home