Saturday, April 09, 2005

Animal Fever

Ok, I know I haven't been writing in my blog, but I'm going to cheat anyway and pre-date my entries. :)

Mama, Yotch and Wong surprised me by coming over to Singapore last Friday, and just telling me the day before! I was too excited to care that my apartment was super messy and there was no way we would all fit in 1 bed. Everything worked out though, even if Wong had to sleep by herself in the study with just an inch of air passing through.

It's really bad I know... but I've never been to the Singapore Zoo in the 2.5 years I've been here. But I would have gone earlier if I had known how much fun it was!! Man, the kid in me was just raring to go see all those animals! We walked at least 21000 steps that day (courtesy of my pedometer) and I think most of those led to the African part of the zoo, where we found almost every animal in the Lion King.

Of course there were the lions way way way behind Mama, Yotch and Wong (top left). Did you know that lions only mate 1x a year but they do it for 2 weeks, every 15 minutes!! Well apparently, we were right smack in the middle of their 2 week sex-fest (top 2nd) and whoa Nelly, did Yotch want to go back every 15 minutes...

Don't ask me why I have a picture of Rafiki's red ass. And Disney sure made Pumbaa much cuter than he is in real life (bottom left: he's that thing that looks like a log). Surprisingly, Timon was pretty cute and this little critter we saw was even putting the moves on his honey. It was so sweet I couldn't resist taking that many shots. I don't think he liked my intrusion into his privacy though.


Being the official photographer, I made Yotch take all these close-up shots with the animals. She's afraid of the emu and the little iguana, but couldn't get close enough to the orang-utan (ouch... $12...). And I don't have a picture, but she ran out screaming from the bat cave. It was the highlight of the Night Safari. :)


But by far, my most most most favorite of the zoo was the polar bear. He is absolutely amazing. I think the kid in the shot captures all the wonder I felt that day. I had no idea watching lions having sex, chasing after little ponies and smelling rhino poo would make for a good day... But I guess you learn something new every day. :)

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM , Blogger Anndee said...

wats with zoos these days?? haha. everybody's taking pictures of animals?? there's jacluts with the pics from montalban zoo and subic... me with the thailand animals ... and you with your sex-crazed lions! hahaha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home