Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Ode to my laptop

You know how the perils of a job can be so obvious for some professions? Like potentially being gunned down by a bank robber (security guard), eaten by a lion (zookeeper, veterinarian, circus trainer) or left out perpetually floating in space (astronaut)?

I used to think that apart from being fired if my business didn't do too well, I pretty much had it good. I mean, what's the worst that could happen by selling detergent??

Unfortunately, I had to find out the hard way when, on the way to the airport last Sunday - I smelled detergent all around the car. Turns out, the detergent sample I had put in my bag leaked all over my laptop!!! Sacre d'bleu. Detergent all over my motherboard, screen and HARD DRIVE!!!

So now I have no laptop, no files, no pictures... They gave me a clunker of a replacement laptop that's heavier than me and is just as big as my TV (see picture below in 1 of my older entries), a relic from the stone age!

And I just found out they can't retrieve my files anymore... I feel like I just lost my best friend... :(

1 Comments:

At 10:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

hey...so sorry to hear about your laptop's untimely demise. At least you know he died clean and smelling fresh...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home