Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Paris Day 1

Just landed in Paris this morning... I got on the wrong train to my rinky-dink "hostel" (really a dormitory) and it looked like it was going to rain. Then having no itinerary, I set about going to Musee d'Orsay which I didn't get a chance to see the last time I was here ages ago. Turns out it's closed on Mondays.

I was beginning to think Paris didn't like me. But it didn't rain, and I got to see Notre-Dame, Saint-Chapelle, Conciergerie, the Pantheon and the Eiffel Tower without incident. Plus I got to ride on one of those tour buses for free so I've seen all the sights from outside (heehee). :)


Paris is so lovely anyway - really made for walking and holding hands. Which makes me feel like murdering all the couples I see walking by. But I'm enjoying myself... it's different being alone, not altogether bad, just different. Like this stupid keyboard I'm using now.

I'm writing this blog in a little cafe near the Sorbonne and I have to say it's taking me forever!! The French even have to have their own keyboard. It took me 5 minutes to find the exclamation mark and they have about a million different keys for the apostrophe. Groan.

The downside to traveling alone?? I won't have any pictures. But the memories for sure are going to be fantastic!! Even just strolling down Champs Elysee was a blast. Can't wait for tomorrow... Wish you guys were here.

3 Comments:

At 1:40 AM , Blogger Anndee said...

Shet! Wag ka nang mang-inggit! Grrr!!! I wish I'll get a chance to do travel alone in an unknown place! :)

 
At 1:40 AM , Blogger Anndee said...

Don't start a fling with a French guy! :P

 
At 8:31 AM , Blogger Jaclyn said...

Hi Moan! Yeah, I wish I were there too! I second Anndee's "Grrr!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home