Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Paris Day 2

Last night I was accosted by the owner of a Greek restaurant who carried (!!!) me into his restaurant to dance. Good thing he gave me free cocktails to make up for the complete and utter embarrassment. Thank God I don't know anyone in Paris...

I should have known that would be an omen for today. Morning started out fine at Musee d'Orsay, Tuileries Garden and Palais Royale - except for the strange marriage proposal I got (which is another story). Little did I know that I would be writing this blog drenched and soaked to the bone. It started raining as I left Sacre Coeur so I jumped on the first bus I saw. Big mistake... I got off as soon as the rain stopped and was even more lost and worse, completely stranded.


But it gave me time to think of a couple of things I noticed about Paris:
- There are sooooo many bookstores, and they're not even part of a chain! It's beside the point that the books are all in French (no big surprise)... There are more bookstores than there are internet cafès which is really wonderful. And the fact that it saved me from the rain today is another plus point.
- It's freaking cold but I seem to be the only one freezing my ass off. I see people jogging and rollerblading in shorts (!) and sleeveless shirts. I wonder if Parisians have thicker skin...
- Everyone smokes!! Even the little old lady who looks like she's about to keel over. And they do it everywhere, in restaurants, the Metro, waiting in line...
- Everyone drinks!! It was actually quite embarrassing not to order wine, and worse, almost not be able to finish it. :)
- There are 14, (14!!!) train lines... Just learning how to navigate Paris' trains have made me an expert navigator and I feel quite confident that should the time come, I could win the Amazing Race.

4 Comments:

At 1:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

woohoo way to go ach! I'm so glad you're having the time of your life and you're just at day two. Take it easy on the guys you little heartbreaker you ;)

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger Jaclyn said...

What marriage proposal? And more details about that Greek owner! :) Hey, you know what? When I picture you now, I'm thinking of Carrie (of Sex and the City) wandering the streets of Paris during the last 2 episodes of the series :)

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger Anndee said...

kwento bout that marriage proposal!! told u not to start any flings!! hahaha

 
At 3:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!! roaming the streeets of paris!!!!! seems as if paris has been uberly nice to u!!! ;) open bathroom??? hmmmm....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home