Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Finger Memory

Interesting bit of trivia... Apparently, it's a scientifically proven fact that our fingers have memories. Or I guess to be anal about it - our brains have memories of our fingers. Ok no, that doesn't sound right either.

Anyway, the point is, it takes 2 years for our fingers to "forget" we wore a ring. So we continue to instinctively feel the area with our thumb even after we've taken the ring off, for 2 years at least.

I just find it pretty amazing that our ears or necks don't feel the same way with other pieces of jewelry. What is it about rings -- is there a deeper meaning to this phenomena? Is this related to being in relationships, i.e. are we supposed to take 2 years to "forget" we were married?

Obviously, I have waaaaay too much time on my fingers.

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM , Anonymous bestratecds said...

I believe in finger memory. Have you ever played guitar hero? The learning curve is pretty low. Playing the same songs over and over again easily result in better scores. I dunno about ring memory...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home