Friday, June 17, 2005

Good-byes

I hate good-byes. They always mean the end of something as we know it, and while something else may begin as a result, I always need time for mourning what is being lost. And even if something better may come up, I actually liked things the way they were!

This week in Manila has been harder than most because of the rounds of despedidas for my boss Harvey, who's leaving P&G. Sniff sniff. He's been my boss directly or indirectly, for 4 years in 3 different assignments! That's really rare anywhere so I can't help but feel sentimental... losing a boss sucks, but having 1 less friend in the company hurts.

And you can tell that despite being our boss, Harvey's more like a friend, even a dad - especially when he tells me to pull my shirt down or bring my pants up to cover my belly button. We (his 3 angels or cronies more like) all started bawling away after he told us he was leaving. That's Mr. Clean, the Boss, Ariel and Tide. :)

We had his going-away karaoke session at Redbox, which was so much fun because 1) of all the booze, 2) no one wanted to give up the mic and 3) all of Raffy's candid shots (which I'm not posting because I doubt anyone would want to see our feet).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home