Tuesday, December 05, 2006

God Loves Me and Other Random Thoughts

Obviously haven't written in a while -- life's been happening to me, what with Yotch's wedding, my birthday, moving in to my new apartment, Wong, D and Fara's visit to Singapore (finally!), "meeting" INXS in Mumbai of all places, my potentially new assignment, etc etc... Or maybe I've just been too hooked on "24" DVDs to update my blog. Which is a distinct possibility since I didn't even go in to work today after staying up the whole night to finish season 4.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!! I'm a 24 junkie. One day, people will start noticing that I don't go into work anymore. And when they break down my door, they'll find my bones lying on the couch, empty soda cans and potato chip wrappers all around me, with Jack Bauer still sneering on TV.

In other news, I just came back to Singapore after 3 weeks in Manila, only to find my utilities had all been disconnected as I was unknowingly enjoying electricity and water for free since I moved into my new apartment.

But God loves me. If I had taken the last flight like I was supposed to and always do, I would have been stuck in a hot dark apartment without running water for the whole night. Shudder shudder.

Anyway, on my way to work yesterday, the sun was out but it was also raining. And I thought, how lovely to have grown up in a country so full of imagination that when this occurs, we think it's because the giants are fighting with the dwarves.

And on my walk home last night, I saw an old couple in their 80's walking. While holding hands. And I thought, sigh. I want that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home